Under the Education Act parents have a right to choose a school for their children. Each school has a ‘standard number’ of places, which is the minimum number of children who should be admitted in any year. Our current Published Admission Number (PAN) is 90.
All admissions to the school are dealt with by Warwickshire County Council.
The law states that children have to start school by the beginning of the term after they reach the age of five. The Local Authority Admission Policy states that children should be admitted at the start of the school year in which they are 5.
The Local Authority (LA) is the admission authority for community and controlled schools and is therefore responsible for determining the admission arrangements for our school.
Admission to our school is co-ordinated centrally by the Local Authority. All parents must fill in a Common Application Form which allows parents to list up to 3 schools that they would like their child to attend, and give the reasons for the preference.
The closing date for applications is the January of the year in which the child will start school.
The form is available from: Warwickshire County Council School Admissions
It must be filled in and returned to Warwickshire County Council School Admissions. The actual closing date and full details of the arrangements are provided in the guide to primary education booklet that accompanies the form.
When demand exists, places are allocated up to a school’s Admission number which for our school is 90. Where applicants for admission to the school exceed places available, the following criteria will be applied by the Local Authority in the order of priority set out below:
- Children in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, a local authority and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
- Children living in the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the priority area who have a brother or sister at the partner junior school (or primary school) at the time of admission.
- Other children living in the priority area.
- Children from outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children from outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at the partner junior school (or primary school) at the time of admission.
- Other children from outside the priority area.
All applications received after the normal admissions round, or for an existing year group, will be treated as ‘in–year applications’. All applications should be submitted to Warwickshire County Council School Admissions.
If you are considering the school for your child you are very welcome to visit. To arrange an appointment please contact the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01788 543332).