The school governing body are responsible for the plans, policies and procedures within the school.
The governors play an important role in the leadership team of the school in conjunction with the headteachers and senior staff.
The governors are all volunteers and have several main responsibilities:
- Supporting the strategic direction, objectives and targets for the school.
- Reviewing progress against the budget, plans and targets.
- Approving the school budget.
- Acting as a critical friend to the headteacher by providing effective support and challenge.
- Appointing the headteacher.
- Recruiting new Governors as needed.
The most important role of the school governing body is to ensure the highest possible standards of learning in the school.
Long Lawford Primary School Governing Body is made up of representatives from the local community as well as representatives from the Local Education Authority, school staff and parents.
The full governing body meets once a term with meetings of the Resources and Performance & Standards committees every half term.
The governors of Long Lawford Primary School are committed to safeguarding all children. All governors have read part 2 of the document ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education' produced by the DfE.
Chair of Governors:
Mrs Sharon Smyth - firstname.lastname@example.org